10: Climate change mitigation III
Other emissions (food, consumption-based emissions etc.)
In this lecture, we cover the remaining emissions of cities. This raises the key question of the definition of the emissions of a city.
Download the slides here
- The problem with net-zero emissions targets, a 2019 text by Prof. Duncan McLaren on Carbon Brief.
- Global Protocol for Community-Scale Greenhouse Gas Emission Inventories, Executive Summary
Defining city GHG emissions
- How to measure GHG emissions of a city, explained by C40
- The differences between consumption-based emissions and production-based emissions explained by C40
- A comparison of emission inventories of different cities
- The peak in cities emissions (and its update)
- How to reduce emissions of cities
- A nice video showing New York City’s greenhouse gas emissions.